- Female Clergy allowed at all ranks
- Priests may marry–no more clerical celibacy
- The Church will no longer condemn homosexuality
- The Church will alter its opposition on birth control
- The Church will alter its position on abortion
- The Church will introduce a new mass and a new way of considering God
Pope Annalisa is an exhilarating novel rich with complexities in both plot and characters. While the topic of resurrecting the lost divine feminine is sure to be controversial for many the presentation of this well thought and researched story is sure to win even the most skeptical minds. There are so many wonderful teachings by Pope Annalisa and others to contemplate and adapt into our own lives that can help us put aside the ways of warring with each other to find more meaning, love and peace in the world. One of my favourite messages helps us to understand that even `Evil itself dances to God’s Purpose.’ In other words, everything leads back to God regardless of how dark or challenging the circumstances may seem. Set in a world very similar to ours with warring nations, big money and political strife fighting for control Pope Annalisa shows us another waysomething I pray this world can embrace. Peter Canova’s debut novel has undoubtedly become one of my absolute favourite novels. Well done, Peter!! Kiernan Antares, Talk Radio Host
- POPE ANNALISA is above all a page-turning thriller
- POPE ANNALISA is written with strong content and style. Advance readings of the book by editors, authors, book marketing professionals, and readers have produced universally superlative comments because the novel presents sophisticated subject matter delivered through an accessible and enjoyable story
- POPE ANNALISA addresses current problems within a classic adventure story. It deals with external threats such as terrorism and the proliferation of nuclear weapons among hostile nations. It also exposes cultural divides within the Western world between genders, between races, between science and faith, between secularism and religion. Most uniquely, it reconciles these opposing forces by pointing to a new vision of reality and what it means to be human
- POPE ANNALISA furthers and deepens a well established literary trend. The Da Vinci Code identified a huge market thirsting for the veiled mysteries behind our commonly accepted religious notions; The Celestine Prophecies gave practical answers. POPE ANNALISA is the intersection of the Da Vinci Code and The Celestine Prophecies. It provides painstakingly researched answers rooted in a veiled spiritual history with a story that rivets the reader from beginning to end.
- POPE ANNALISA takes years of research and brings it to where no fiction has gone before. It reveals a genuine, recently discovered spiritual tradition suppressed in the Western world. The impact of the recovered Dead Sea Scrolls and Gnostic gospels is only now being understood and its profound implications integrated into the consciousness of the modern world. It is a salvific vision based on spirit and science. POPE ANNALISA is on the cutting edge of defining this transformative movement
2. What makes Pope Annalisa different from other thrillers?
3 How did ancient mystics anticipate findings off modern science?
4. What is The First Souls Trilogy?
5. What qualifies you to write on these subjects?
6. Why did you choose an African female pope as the main character of your book?
7. What is the primary message you are trying to convey to your readers?
8. How does Pope Annalisa treat Christianity, Catholicism, and the Christian story?
9. Can you define the ancient, universal mystical wisdom tradition?
10. Is Pope Annalisa a take-off of the Da Vinci code?
2. The Universal Spiritual Tradition underlying all major religions
3. Gnosticism—the repressed Christian mystical tradition
4. The intersections of myth and science
5. The Third Way—ancient spiritual traditions and quantum physics superseding religion and traditional science
6. Jungian Psychology and ancient Gnosticism
7. The lost Genesis story
8. Women and the early Church—how women were written out of the Bible
9. Kabbalah, Sufism, and Gnosticism—the union of Judaism, Christianity and Islam
10. Was there a secret teaching of Jesus and other prophets?
In each of these venues, Peter also met a variety of spiritual figures, all of whom appeared in his life unsolicited and confirmed his conviction that spirit transcends the religious beliefs that tend to divide people.
Shortly thereafter, he took first place out of 500 entries in Francis Ford Coppola’s online Zoetrope magazine for his first publicly circulated short story, The Blood of our Departed. Peter continued his track record of writing excellence with the publication of Pope Annalisa, which almost immediately won the Nautilus and Independent Publishers Awards in quick succession. In Pope Annalisa, he explores an ancient spiritual tradition which cut across not only Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, but also the so-called pagan mystery schools of ancient days.